I am always so proud to present the recipes that are Egyptian and how good they are..Keshk with chicken is one of the recipes that means a lot to me because it was my grandma who taught me about it and it became a family staple for us..it reminds me of her and how she teached us how to eat elegantly..she had Turkish routes and obviously this version of keshk is one of the Turkish recipes originally…love you grandma so much..
keshk can be the main dish when chicken is added to it or it can be a side dish plain as dip for some nice breads..
here is how i made it:
INGREDIENTS:(This recipe will serve 2-3 for a main dish meal)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 large tablespoons flour
- 1 cup yogurt
- lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large onions
- shredded precooked chicken
- Mix the yogurt,lemon juice,salt and pepper and flour in a bowl and leave to rest for about an hour to two..
- bring your chicken stock to a boil
- add the yogurt flour mixture and whisk continuously until thickened
- add one tablespoon of butter
- now add you chicken and mix
- slice the onions into small strips and deep fry in a hot oil until golden crown and crispy..drain and serve a generous amount over you keshk with a nice piece of hot or toasted bread and be ready to dive in the Turkish heaven..
French onion soup is one the the fanciest soups that i always like to order in restaurants…It is rich,warm and hearty and fill your soul..I did it last week and literally my husband was dancing at the table from how delicious it was..It takes time to make but it is not hard at all..just some TLC..here is how i made it:
- 4 large onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- thyme springs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups chicken broth
- bread croutons…traditionally you should use thick slices of toasted baguette
- Gruyere cheese
- Start by slicing the onions thinly
- melt the butter with a tablespoon of olive oil with the springs of time..you will start smelling the nice aroma of thyme..
- add the onions and stir
- put the onions on low heat and leave to to stir only every 10 mins..don’t worry it wot burn until you reach this..you will start seeing some browning..this will take about 30 mins to more depending on how much onions .how large your pan and how is your heat..
- now turn the heat just a little higher to less than medium high and keep stirring and scaring down the bottom of the pan where all the caramelization happens
- you will see the onions wilted and beautiful caramel color..now add the flour and stir
- add the stocks and stir scrapping the edges again
- now you can transfer into a smaller pan if you want ..bring to a boil..prepare you ramekins..your toasted bread..and your grated cheese..turn on the oven broiler
- when the soup boils..poor into you ramekins
- top with a lot of croutons
- end with a generous amount of cheese
- put under the broiler to melt the cheeseServe immediately while hot..melted cheese and be ready not to talk with anyone for 10 mins because you can;t beat the cheese:))
Hello my friends,,if you like mushrooms like i do .this is definitely the recipe for you..this mushroom soup recipe particularly if full of mushroom flavor and super creamy that you will all love it..Here is how i made it:
- Fresh button mushrooms(better if you have portobellos or porcini mushrooms)
- 2 celery stalk
- 1 large or 3 baby potatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- lemon juice
- bay leave
- mascarpone cheese ..or heavy cream
- Start by cleaning the mushrooms with a paper towel the slice them ..
- sautee the mushrooms on 1 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil on high heat..
- do not stir the mushroom a lot because this will prevent them from browning
- reserve 1/3 the mushrooms to add later and for decoration
- you should prepare your veggies before starting the recipe..add them now to the pan with the mushrooms with the thyme and bay leave and 1 tablespoon of butter and cook for 10 mins while stirring
- when you reach this stage add the chicken stock and cook for 15-20 mins on a medium heat..adjust the salt and pepper to taste
- remove the bay leave and puree the soup
- add 1/4 cup of heavy creme or milk until u reach the desired color
- add back most of the mushrooms and chopped parsley
- enjoy this warm lovely silky smooth soup that will leave you mushroom satisfied:)
This lovely egyptian dish that i have know when u used to go with my family to the most famous iconic restaurant the local egyptian meal;foul and taameya (fool and falafel as most of people say) in Alexandria,Egypt ..it is a version of falafel that is stuffed with an egg an i named it scotch egg because it is the same idea for the British scotch eggs that is also an egg wrapped in ground beef..but the base for this recipe is a good recipe for falafel ..and here is how i made it:
- Split fava beans( soaked in water overnight)
- 1 leeks
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- dried coriander
- bicarbonate soda
- Drain the soaked beans first
- cut the leaks top and base and split in half
- wash layer by layer
- wash the coriander thenput in the food processor with the leeks ,onion,garlic an turn into a paste
- add the beans and mix well
- cover and keep frozen until ready to fry
- when ready to fry take a portion and mix with a tsp of bicarbonate soda,salt and pepper.at this stage you can fry and make regular falafel
- prepare your boiled egg(put the egg in cold water and bring to a boil then turn heat off and leave for 7 mins then take out) ..bring the flour and the falafel mix
- put the egg in the flour to coat well then cover with a layer of falafel mix and fry
- serve with a mice piece of bread and enjoyy
Look how cute this tart is..very light ..not too much cheese just simplicity in every bite..i do this recipe when i crave some crunch with a delicate flavor..Soo delicious .Here is how i make it:
- Phyllo dough
- yellow cheese like Gouda, Em-mental,Gruyere
- some fried or fresh oregano
- Butter the baking dish then start layering the phyllo layers with some oil or butter brush between each layer until u reach about 7-10 layers
then sprinkle the cheese on top,oregano,slices of tomato and a sprinkle of salt and pepper
- bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 mins until golden and crispy
- cut and serve hot
serves = 2
calories = 250
Rosemary focaccia is probably the easiest kind of bread that you can make,,it’s basically pizza dough that is topped with olive oil ,olives,rosemary and garlic..super delicious and here is how to make it
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/4 tsp dry yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- garlic whole cloves
-add the yeast to the 3/4 cups of water with sugar and let it foam 5 mins
-add the flour with 1/4 cup of olive oil and knead-dissolve the salt in the last 1/4 cup of water
-after kneading until smooth put in an oiled bowl,cover and let rise for 2 hours in a warm place
-after rising punch down
-prepare the baking pan by sprinkling some corn flour an drizzles of olive oil
-spread the dough on the counter
-transfer to the baking sheet and poke with you finger as much as you can
-drizzle 1/4 cup of olive oil over the dough to fill the dips..then add olives.rosemary.garlic and a sprinkle of salt..at this stage you can add some grated cheese as well..
-let it rest for 30 mins then bake in a 420 degree F OVEN for about 30-40 mins until cooked and golden brownENJOYY THE BEST AND THE SIMPLEST BREAD EVER,ADD NEXT TO YOU DINNER TABLE OR DIP IN YOU FAVORITE SOUP OR EAT JUST LIKE THAT,DELICIOUS..
Serves=12 (Serving Size 46 g)
Calories = 208
|Vitamin A 0%
||Vitamin C 0%
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
This Risotto cake is always the dish that i make the next day of making risotto with the leftovers..and to be honest ,me and my husband we love it even more than risotto itself because simply fried food taste the best..this is the truth..it’s crunchy on the outside..creamy on the inside with the melted cheese..heaven on earth..
Here is how i make it:
No ingredients for this one ..only leftover risotto..some cheese..egg.and bread crumbs..
-take your leftover risotto out of the fridge and divide into parts depnding on how much you have left
-put the cheese inside half of them and be generous.
-cover with the other ones and seal well
-put in egg then coat with bread crumbs ..the i decided to change there shape..
-fry in a 350 degree F oil
-put on a cooling rack to drain the oil and you can see if you cut it the oozing cheese..
-Serve immediately while hot before the cheese set so you get the wow factor when people cut into it and see the melting cheese..best everrr..