I am always so proud to present the recipes that are Egyptian and how good they are..Keshk with chicken is one of the recipes that means a lot to me because it was my grandma who taught me about it and it became a family staple for us..it reminds me of her and how she teached us how to eat elegantly..she had Turkish routes and obviously this version of keshk is one of the Turkish recipes originally…love you grandma so much..
keshk can be the main dish when chicken is added to it or it can be a side dish plain as dip for some nice breads..
here is how i made it:
INGREDIENTS:(This recipe will serve 2-3 for a main dish meal)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 large tablespoons flour
- 1 cup yogurt
- lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large onions
- shredded precooked chicken
- Mix the yogurt,lemon juice,salt and pepper and flour in a bowl and leave to rest for about an hour to two..
- bring your chicken stock to a boil
- add the yogurt flour mixture and whisk continuously until thickened
- add one tablespoon of butter
- now add you chicken and mix
- slice the onions into small strips and deep fry in a hot oil until golden crown and crispy..drain and serve a generous amount over you keshk with a nice piece of hot or toasted bread and be ready to dive in the Turkish heaven..